From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 2:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Public Relations

Dennis Wish wrote:

I don’t see NCSEA doing much to educate the public who, at least in my area loaded with “snowbirds” from the Midwest and East Coast who believe an engineer is a necessary evil whose only purpose is to secure a building permit.

Dennis:

What have you personally done to educate the public in your area?  The NCSEA Advocacy Committee is actively pursuing a wide array of public relations activities including:  a media management manual, a spokesperson protocol, a media contact database, high school posters, high school PowerPoint presentations, high school competitions, a branding campaign, etc.

Membership on the NCSEA Advocacy Committee is open to all members of all state SEAs.  All that is required is a commitment to actively participate.  There are currently 15 members working within four subcommittees.  If anyone is interested in joining, they should contact me privately for further information.

Best regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E., F.ASCE, F.AEI

Chair, NCSEA Advocacy Committee

Vice President