Re: Need references for an Atlanta-area engineers

>From: "Allison, Tim" <Tim.Allison2(--nospam--at)weyerhaeuser.com>
>To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: Need references for an Atlanta-area engineers

>I'm trying to gather a few names for engineers practicing in the Atlanta
>area who have wood design experience.  The project is a school building
>repair/rebuild - I'm not sure of the specifics, but I do know a portion of
>the building caught fire.  Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't have the wood experience you need, but I have a lot of school experience in the area.  So a word of advice - unless this is a private school it will not be rebuilt in wood unless you can
get a variance of some sort.  The Georgia DOE does not allow any combustible materials to be used in school construction.  In my experience the state has never issued a variance for this.  Good
luck with the project.

Adam Vakiener, PE
Austell, GA