From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 8:41 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Public Relations

Dennis:

Calm down, and keep up the good work!  When enough structural engineers join and become active in their local SEAs, there might eventually be enough money and energy to proceed with the sorts of advertising campaigns that you want to see.  In the meantime, you should be aware that most SEAs are run entirely by the volunteer efforts of your peers without any paid staff.  Even NCSEA and the larger SEAs are run mostly by volunteers working under miniscule budgets.  Until you agree to join SEAoC, please let the pear tree keep growing and refrain from shooting the partridge!

Happy Holidaze,

Stan