From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 3:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: oh canada!

List,

Every self-respecting Canadian (outside of Nova Scotia) knows that
hockey was invented in Kinston, Ontario, (where I spent fourlong years
standing on a parade square), and where the winter winds come in off
Lake Ontario and freeze all your body parts.  And we're arranging to
send some of that winter weather to Stan Caldwell.

Gary

Bring it on, Gary!  The colder it gets, the more I appreciate Texas.  I
was born, raised, and educated in Madison, Wisconsin, where 20 deg.
below zero is not uncommon.  Also, almost all my projects in the 1970s
were in Alaska, mostly far above the Arctic Circle on the North Slope.
I have driven piling into permafrost at 60 deg. below zero in 24-hour
darkness, and have driven to project sites five miles offshore in a
pickup truck.  My feet have been frozen solid twice, but they are still
attached and working.  Although I much prefer warmth, I can still handle
the cold ... just so long as my pool and spa pumps don't freeze up.

Stan