AutoCad Arch Desktop 2004

Are any of you using the Architectural Desktop 2004? I have until the middle of January to make my decision to upgrade ($1,890.00) or not. I tried AutoCad 2002 and Architectural Desktop 3.0 (which doesn’t seem to be on the list of upgrades at all) and I did not like them. There was too much required online interaction that kept changing over time. I wanted something that stayed on my computer and either created details parametrically or offered a library that was on my system rather than relying upon going to online catalogs.

If anyone has upgraded from Architectural Desktop 2 to Architectural Desktop 2004, please let me know what you think is an advantage (if any) and whether it is worth taking the plunge and giving into software extortion :>)

TIA

Dennis