Re: Tell me what's really on your mind

Dennis,

I don't plan to subscribe to the freespeechstructrualist.

When I have the time, I enjoy browsing the wide-ranging off-topic comments of list members as they show up on the seaint list, though I only sometimes read them thoroughly.  Nevertheless, it's part of the ongoing conversation we, as a community, are conducting, and It's a way we have of getting to know each other a little better.  However, my main reason for participating in the seaint list is the structural content contributed by knowledgeable members, and the opportunity it offers me to share, from my unique experience, structural insights that may not be common in the structural community.

With few exceptions, respectful restraint has kept the off-topic posts from crossing the bounds of propriety, and I enjoy their occasional arrival on the list.  I'd prefer not to have them separated from our discussions.

On the other hand, I don't have much interest or time for browsing another list of  free speech, though I'm sure that from time to time, I'd be missing something stimulating, educational or entertaining.

Nels

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA