From: Bruce Holcomb [mailto:bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 7:14 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: stone Veneer support

According to Section 2104.1.6 of the 2000 IBC this is not allowed... am I
reading the code correctly?  Does the IRC allow brick veneer to be supported
on wood?  I am not very familiar with the Residential Code, but a quick
check of section R606.9 says brick over openings is to be supported on steel
lintels.

Bruce D. Holcomb, PE
Butler, Rosenbury & Partners
300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505