Sheathing Requirements

Title: Sheathing Requirements

Could someone please point me to a few documents that discuss requirements for sheathing installation in homes, particularly regarding the actual physical layout like "install with strength axis perpendicular to joists", "stagger panel ends in adjacent sheets", etc. as opposed to something like "keep protected from the weather"?  I guess I might be searching for a list of a builder's rules of thumb as opposed to something like an APA technical document?

Thanks