From: Clifford Schwinger [mailto:clifford234(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 3:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: S.E. Position

Andrew,

I am curious about what you said in your post. Does
your firm actually outsource engineering work to
India? (or were this part of the "sarcasm" you
referred to?) I know this is going on in the steel
detailing industry and is happening in larger
engineering firms, but this is the first I've heard of
a small consulting engineering firm outsourcing work
overseas.

It would seem that with the availability of computers
to do bulk design, it would not be neccessary (nor
economical) to outsource bulk design work overseas.

Likewise, I would think that structural drafting would
be more efficiently done "in-house" rather than
half-way around the world.

Just curious. (I like keeping my "ear to the tracks"
so that I can have a little warning before the "Global
Economy Express" runs me over!)

Cliff