Re: SEII results - anyone (CA SE Exam)

Hello Scot:

Did MI proctor your WA SEIII exam or did you have to travel there?

BTW CA board is considering moving towards using the 8 hour SEII from NCEES  + 8 CA exam starting Oct 2004.  This will be decided on Jan 29th during their next board meeting.  Exam results will also be approved on that day.

The following was taken from the sunset report at the DCA website:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/pels/sunset/2003sunset.pdf     pg.60:

California Structural Engineering Examination. For a civil engineer to use the title "structural engineer," they must pass the state Structural examination. NCEES also provides a national examination for structural engineers. The Joint Committee questioned why the national examination, which would provide for better comity for out-of-state structural engineers, could not be used.

[The Board has reviewed this issue and recently voted to transition to using the NCEES Structural II national examination in conjunction with an 8-hour state-specific examination.]

The Board is in the process of conducting an occupational analysis to determine the state-specific portion of work to be tested on the state-specific examination for Structural Engineers. The project is on track, and the Board sees no obstacles in administering both the NCEES SE II examination and state-specific examination in October 2004.

Plus points:  Can pass the 16hours in parts.  Reciprocity will be easier.

Neg Points: Standards will vary - need to use IBC and CBC.

Hope this helps.

-  Aswin
Aswin Rangaswamy, P.E.
Jacobs Facilities Inc. (www.jacobs.com )