Re: ACI Detailing Manual SP-66(94)

In a message dated 12/17/2003 8:17:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, Dick_Roberts(--nospam--at)oxy.com writes:

       Why put #4 on the drawing when the rods come out in the field marked #13 ? Its just a number to the iron worker.
       I don't see any reason for in-lb to be on the drawings

Well,  I think that was why there was a hold-up,  there was some disagreement on what should be on the drawings in the manual.   I think the decision was to go with in-lb was because that is what is in 318.  But you are right,  it doesn't match what is stamped on the bars.

As someone smarter than I, whose name I can't remember, once said "There are no easy answers to real questions."

Gail Kelley