Re: RE: virus alert

Wednesday, December 17, 2003, 11:46:42 AM, you wrote:

PR> Please explain:

PR> "For those still suffering with spam, I continue to recommend
PR> POPfile running as a proxy (Outlook Express, Eudora, etc.), or as
PR> an Outclass plug-in (Outlook)".

I'm not Stan, but I also use "POPfile" for spam blocking. It basically
sits in front of your email program examining each and every e-mail.
The blurb below is taken from the POPfile manual

    POPFile is an automatic mail classification tool. Once properly set up
    and trained, it will work in the background of your computer, scanning
    mail as it arrives and filing it however you wish. You can give it a
    simple job, like separating out junk e-mail, or a complicated one -
    like filing mail into a dozen folders. Think of it as a personal
    assistant for your inbox.

Anyway, I've really found POPfile to catch most spam and accidently
classify non-spam rarely - once trained.  Highly recommended.

Website : http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

Best regards,
 Mike Jones, P.E.             mailto:mike(--nospam--at)jlaeng.com
 Joseph Looney and Associates
 213 W. Monroe Suite J
 Lowell, AR 72745
 Voice:479.770.6650