Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:22 AM
Subject: RE: Civil engineering 900 years ago

There is a historical fiction book called "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett that involves cathedral building.  The main characters are the 2 generations of craftsmen that build the building.  There are lots of other plots and subplots going on as well.  Pretty interesting read.

John C. Jones, PE
Barnett Associates
Pell City, AL
205-884-5334