Re: Spam generation by list

Ed & Daryl:

Both of you offer reasonable suggestions...however, it is likely that they
are not feasible.  I am assuming that the archive is done through a
"service" (notice that the archive is host/run by www.euken.com)...if so,
then this likely means that how the archive is done if dictated by what
the service offers.  Thus, if the service does not offer anything that
will "fix" the problem, then it likely won't get fixed.

Not to mention, that the archive is a good source of information on
structural topics EVEN if one does not want to be member of the list.  In
otherwords, you can search Google for structural topics and if the answer
has been on the list, then it will pop up.  If the archive becomes
password protected, then Google will likely not "find" any of those
messages.

The whole spam/spider issue is one of the major reasons why I have always
used a personal email account for the list rather than a work one.  I also
do so because it reinforces the concept that any opinions and other
"blather" that I might utter are solely mine, and not that of an employer
(this was especially "necessary" while I worked for ACI).

So, end result is that you might just have to live with it...and just use
the greatest spam tool known to man...the delete key!!

Regards,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI