Re: oh canada!

> From: "Jim Persing" <jpersing(--nospam--at)FHOARCH.COM>

> So when are you going to invent the sewer treatment plant?

> Sorry, Sharlie, I just couldn't help myself :)  (For those of you not in =
> the Northwest, Victoria, BC dumps its raw sewage into the Straight of =
> Juan de Fuca and into Puget Sound)

The same with:
Halifax, Nova Scotia
(now there's a political boondoggle; every in-coming provincial gov't
promises to fix it and every one of them has reneged). It was even
reported to be started in an article in Civil Engineering this year.
Wrong.

St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador. (IIRC). I suppose that its hard to
build a septic bed in The Rock. :)

Toronto, Ontario does its best but still releases untreated waste during
storm events due to a legacy of old combined sewers. Big capital project
to repair this has been started.

All four cities are Provincial capitals! It wouldn't surprise me if
others were similar.

Oh, the shame ....

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.