Re: Spam generation by list

Shafat,

Please do not let one person's concern result in changing something that has
worked wonderfully for years.

The viruses that I get are the result of my e-mail address being in someone's
Windoze address book, and that is not going to change no matter what you do
with the SEAINT archives.  And the worms (viruses) even forge the purported
sender's address.

Having the sender's e-mail address fully displayed on the list messages
permit private dialog when public dialog would not be appropriate.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Shafat wrote:

. > Scott, Ed, Daryl:

. > I am not quite sure what I can do about the archives since they are
. > independently maintained by one of our member. I will contact him and see
. > if he can write a little script to remove the sender email address from
. > the past and future email in his archive database.

. > I will keep you all posted.

. > Shafat

. > p.s. Why didn't anyone think of this before?