Misc Comments

Some miscellaneous comments:

Alot of engineers (generalizing for myself and others that I work with / talk to / stand next to at receptions) continue their education throughout their careers by reading engineering-related publications.

Given the changes in seismic design a lot of engineers are reading material related to seismic design / seismic detailing.  My personal opinion is that a lot of this material is very hard to understand and/or very frustrating to read.

This could be because the subject is complicated and I am not very bright.  It could also be, at least in part, because a lot of these documents are not well written.

Assumptions are not always well stated or not stated at all.  Words are misused and punctuation in the wrong place results in a sentence that says completely the opposite of what the author intended.

Personally,  I like it when other people comment publicly and say something is not well written.  That way,  I know I am not the only one having problems understanding the material.

Gail Kelley