Re: Spam generation by list

Another alternative worth exploring is replacing the email
address with a simple to read (for a human) equivalent:

chamilto(--nospam--at)uci.edu    becomes   chamilto AT uci DOT edu
                      or      chamilto @ uci . edu
                      or      ADDRESS: chamilto  DOMAIN: uci.edu

These are all solutions I have seen used in other forums.
(I had to fight not to write "fora".  My latin is showing
through.)

I *believe* (although I can't manage to get it to work) that
this can be done with a perl (or python or equivalent) script
which simply searches for the @ symbol, replaces it with the
appropriate substitute, then searches for each subsequent . and
replaces it with the appropriate substitute.  The partitioning
into address and domain can be achieved similarly.

Charley