RE: sound transmission, treated wood

I recently checked into this regarding buildings built for termite
resistance (not rot).

All copper-based treatment products accelerate the corrosion of steel
fasteners, but of course moisture must be present to support the
process.  While it is true CA-B is more aggressive than CCA, it has
always been the recommendation of fastener manufacturers to use HDG or
SS.  (And note this is required by UBC 2304.3 anyway.)

The caveat is that for treated lumber that has a maintains a low
moisture content, EG or even untreated fasteners may be okay.  But
because there is no testing to my knowledge (and Simpson, when I queried
them), no one will say in writing that this is acceptable.

The bottom line is that there should be no change in specifying
fasteners for CA-B treated lumber; as it has always been for CCA they
should be HDG or SS (or silicon bronze or copper) unless you have a good
reason (and no fear of litigation) to believe that something else will
work.

A fast-growing option, especially for termite resistance, is
borate-treatment, which is non-toxic.  I don't know what the fastener
effect is.  The down-side of borates is that they leach out of wood that
is subjected to water transmission, like ground contact.  Trus-Joist has
tried selling it for sill plates in LSL material.

Ed Tornberg