Re: Outsourcing - light commercial and high end residential

>I have sat quietly while this thread has gone on about outsourcing here on
>the list. I certainly fall into the category of those who beleive I truly
>hear the great sucking noise as jobs leave our country and I do not like it.
There's a fairly straightforward solution to the outsourcing issue,
although it's by no means simple to get through the business lobbies. If
there were a law that would require firms who outsource to pay their
offshore contractors a significant fraction, say 75%, of what they would
pay a resident engineer, I think everyone would make out.

I think the same philosophy could just as easily be applied to factory
jobs. And to  corporations who fake a 'relocation' to Bermuda so the rest
of us have to pay their taxes.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw