RE: Shear Walls and 3x Framing (UBC) STA

Please find the below link to a recently written technical topic.  There
is a hot-link in the reference section to the actual test data.  If
constructed property, 2-2xs work as well as a 3x.  Recently a building
official asked me what about panels that are not centered on the studs
-- thus having the potential of a line of nails falling between the
2-2xs (stitched nailed).  My response is what do you do if a line of
nails follows a seasoning check in a 3x or 4x.  I suppose it could be an
issue.

http://www.apawood.org/pdfs/managed/TT-076_double_2x_v_3x_in_SW.pdf

Tom
Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.