Re: Outsourcing - light commercial and high end residential

I believe that only about 1/3 of the work on small residential projects
can be outsourced to anyone. Visiting the site, coordinating the plans
through the approval process (planning, county flood control, water,
sewer, NPDES, energy conservation, etc.), making changes during
construction and construction observation all must be done by a local
person familiar with the hundreds of requirements. In addition I believe
outsourcing lengthens the time of design/plan production.

I am sure it is much different on much larger projects.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA