Masonry Structural Notes and Specifications

I have been put in charge of re-writing the structural notes for masonry
construction for our office.  For just about every detail of masonry I
can find either code or text to describe the method and requirements.
The one part that I am missing out on is the requirements for
clean-outs.  If high-lift grouting is allowed, and the grout is
consolidated and re-consolidated, how often do cleanouts have to be
placed?  I understand that there are vertical as well as horizontal
requirements.

The other part of this that bothers me is that there appears to be a
limitation in that you may not need to require cleanouts at all, even
with high-lift grouting, but again, the limits of that are completely
unknown here.

Our typical masonry construction uses are in retaining walls - mostly
under 6' in height.  I want the requirements and limits to reflect our
needs mostly, but also make sure that I understand the needs to
clean-outs.

Thanks.

Chris

Christopher S. Campbell
O'Connor Freeman & Assoc., Inc.
916.441.5721     fax 916.441.5697

"They're only mad at me because I'm right"  -unattributed