Upton Sinclair and the last time California faced Bankruptcy

I ran across this link for Upton Sinclair History Page (the author who wrote “The Jungle” about the unsanitary conditions in the food packing industry); http://www.ssa.gov/history/epic.html

California was about to become bankrupt and Upton Sinclair decided he wanted to run for Governor of California in 1933. He wrote a Final Statement plan for fixing the ailments of California. It is amazingly like the plan that Arnold has suggested – start by floating bonds, followed by an immediate cut across the board without the approval of the state government.

Seriously, I am not suggesting that it won’t work for Schwarzenegger, but Sinclair was a Democrat who came up with this plan. It was never really tested until now. I think most Californians will find this interesting.

Dennis S. Wish, PE