Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: masonry cleanouts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: masonry cleanouts
- From: "Jim Persing" <jpersing(--nospam--at)FHOARCH.COM>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:39:47 -0800
Dan Morrow wrote:
......."For grout pours 5 ft or less, if you can ensure the grout space is clean and free of debris, a cleanout is not required."
This is true but did you ever see a mason with a 4 ft. long arm? Yet they will assure you that they will clean it out. I think that we just have to accept the fact that there will most likely be weak horizontal joints in the masonry when there are no cleanouts. Probably one of the reasons for the half stress thing.
- Prev by Subject: masonry cleanouts
- Next by Subject: Masonry lap splice
- Previous by thread: masonry cleanouts
- Next by thread: Minimum reinforcement for structural integrity at slab-column connections