Re: Structural observation

Pat,

Many cities/counties have their own structural observation forms and some you can download from their web sites.  For example, try the following:

http://www.icbolabc.org/

click on Los Angeles Regional Uniform Code Program (on far left of screen)

click on Phase II (down a ways and center of screen)

download pdf Structural Observation Form (about half way down on this screen)

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Pat Clark" <Pat(--nospam--at)bldgconcepts.com>

12/24/2003 09:54 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Structural observation

Does anyone have a sample contract for structural observation,
specifically the indemnifications, etc.,.  We usually work on
residential projects, so have not performed much structural observation
unless there was a problem in the field.  I just want to protect myself
from the more obvious pitfalls of providing complete structural
observation on our projects. (Mostly residential)

I have heard never to call it "inspection", I assume that the language
has been defined by a court of law..

Patrick Clark, P.E.

Building Concepts, Inc.

1228 Pep Circle

Gardnerville, NV 89410

(775) 782-8886 x22

(775) 782-8833 fax

[attachment "winmail.dat" deleted by Tom Hunt/Americas/ABS]