Re: Paso Robles Earthquake

Stephen-
Although I don't believe it was the intent of the Legislature to take 20 years to implement mitigations, the net effect has been to do so.

See my prior post regarding what SB547 requires, it ain't much. And as a former mayor and former city council member in Albany, I can remember several property owners petitioning the city council to do nothing claiming dire economic consequences to their real estate holdings. On the other hand, one owner trying to sell their building asked that voluntary standards be set so they could upgrade and claim compliance (ultimately what the City did, based on UCBC Appendix Chapter 1, although I was unable to get it passed until after my council term ended).

Regards,
Bill Cain, S.E.
Albany, CA