From: Cratylus Consulting Group [mailto:cratylus(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 8:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Paso Robles Earthquake

I would be disappointed in the California Legislature if the intent of SB547 was to allow a 20 year grace period to implement seismic safety!

Steven A.
Los Angeles

Patrick Rodgers wrote:

I would have thought that SB547 (mid 1980s) would have required Paso

Robles to inventory their URMs and establish an ordinance.
If I recall the legislation correctly, I believe that the timeline for
compliance passed years ago.
Perhaps they do have an ordinance, but a few buildings slipped through!

Dear All,

Per the Wednesday, December 24, 2003, copy of the Tribune (San Luis Obispo paper), page B2;
"Paso Robles is home to 43 unreinforced masonry buildings that pose a medium to high risk of being damaged during an earthquake.  While these structures must be retrofitted by 2008, according to a city ordinance, other buildings that pose a less of a threat have until 2018."

Patrick Rodgers

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---