Re: America for Americans - A recent graduates perspective on t

>I choose engineering because I thought it would grant me access to a
>multi-million dollar construction industry that would provide steady
>employment and above average wages throughout my working career.
That is so quaint...I just love it. Like I told my ME uncle 40 years
ago--'I figure when I'm making $10 grand a year, I'll pretty much have it
made.' Or the personnel people who talked about career paths and how
they'd never had a layoff. Or all the wars to end wars.

I really think engineering is a wonderful profession, but not because
corporate management gives a damn whether you end up rich or surrounded
by store carts full of pop cans. I learned a lot working captive, and my
only regret is that I didn't realize sooner that private practice would
be so much better.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw