From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 10:04 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Paso Robles Earthquake

Hi Barry,

Yes.  This is on Yahoo news <http://news.yahoo.com> in one or several of the

stories on building construction in Paso Robles.  (She was quoted as saying
something like, "In this case, they lost.")

(Of course, media *do* sometimes misquote or inaccurately report on news
events.  In last night's paper  <http://www.tucsoncitizen.com> there was a
story on a mother reuniting with a long lost daughter after searching for
her
for more than 5 decades.  However, the age of the daughter was given as 35!)

Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona

Barry Welliver wrote:

. > Roger:

. > Was the cited quote from Lucy Jones (USGS) in relation to this recent
. > earthquake?

. > Barry H. Welliver
. > barrywelliver2(--nospam--at)earthlink.net