RE: Outsourcing - light commercial and high end residential - S

> :I forgot--where did this number come from? Have you seen enough
> :arithmetic to place the same reliance on it that you'd place on a
> :calculated column capacity?

> Yes I have.
> I did the math myself a couple of times when I got my "Benefits" letter
> from SSA.
> Made me sick both times.
> T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)

I currently sock away about 15% of my salary towards retirement (401k,
matching, and a Roth IRA).  My wife does about the same.  I do not count on
a single penny from Sosh' Security, because by the time I retire I figure
that SS'll either be bankrupt or changed so that only the poorest can draw
from it.

Even though I consider myself a conservative, I do not begrudge my SS
payments.  I would *love* to have an additional 15% of my salary added to my
retirement funds (my 7.5% plus my employer's 7.5%).  I'd be able to retire
at least a decade earlier.  However, I see the SS fund for what it is: an
insurance policy, and DO NOT believe it should be privatized.

It's insurance in case I get disabled and can't punch numbers on a
calculator.  It's insurance in case I'm extraordinarily stupid and loose my
retirement in the stock market.  It's insurance in case my wife or I
contracts cancer and spend all our retirement funds trying to get it cured.

That being said, I too have analyzed my SS "statement", and agree with Bill
that our elected government is screwing us over big time when it comes to
the rate of return on the SS fund.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC