From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 4:54 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: IRAN QUAKE/can we discuss this?

Syed:

If you want you can find out more about EERI at www.eeri.org.  They are an
private non-profit organization that "studies" issues about earthquakes
(not just engineering, but also geology, seismology, life line, emergency
management, etc).  They will usually send people to seismic events all
over the world in an attempt to document the results/aftermath and also
learn from them.  They will usually release a preliminary report shortly
after the event (a couple of months or so), which is then followed by
final report later.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI