The point of this is that, when it comes to disasters, one should set aside philosophical differences and help the innocent people whose lives have been devastated by the incident.

Ben Yousefi, SE
Santa Monica, CA

>>> bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc 12/28/03 06:29PM >>>
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Abolhassan Astaneh
  To: SEAINT (E-mail)
  Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 6:46 PM
  Subject: Info on Bam Quake, and how to help

  Saadi , the great Iranian poet and philosopher of the thirteen century, A.D. had the following verses for these trying times:

  "The sons of Adam are limbs of one another/ Having been created of one essence./
  When the calamity of time afflicts one limb/ The other limbs cannot remain at rest."
Just curious:

Why is it, then, that so many of Sa-adi's descendents seem intent on blowing the limbs off of so many of their "brothers" in our time?

Seems a bit disingenuous, to me.