Re: Health care

>I should not have said "most people recognize" because I don't really know
>that; and am not saying that the government should not be involved in the
>attempted repairs.
I was jerking your chain a little. This has been something of an issue
since Theodore Roosevelt proposed a single payer system when he ran on
the Bull Moose ticket in 1912. 'Socialized medicine' was the medical
profession's response (I first remember hearing that term in the late
40's--my best friend's father was a doctor) until they were gobbled up by
the HMO's. It's probably fair to say that 'most people recognize' that
promises of the HMO's aren't working out, and maybe 'tweaking' isn't the
solution.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw