Philosophical Differences (WAS: Info on Bam Quake, and how to help)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Grathwol" <AGrathwol(--nospam--at)BoyleEngineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 11:32 AM
Subject: RE: Info on Bam Quake, and how to help

> I agree with Bill and Jason.  The west will respond to this tragedy in a
> humanitarian sympathetic manner - as they should. However, the people of
> Islam need to take a look at their attitude regarding people of other
> faiths and pour shame upon those among them who would purposely target
> and terrorize innocent civilians.
> ag

In fact, many of them DO--but not enough.

I personally think there has been a sea-change among many of the peoples of
the Middle East who follow Islam. But we're going to have to see if they can
match deeds with words, such as the words of the Sa-adi poem posted earlier.

Most people of faith share a great deal of good-will in common--but it only
takes a few determined "bad apples" to spoil it for all.

But the words of Sa-adi just leapt out at me when the OP put them out there.
What a wonderful sentiment--and how different from what you mostly hear
these days coming from places like Iran.