RE: Outsourcing - light commercial and high end residential - S

I don't know what all the statistics are for various health issue between
countries but the one I do know (from a recent UN report) is that the annual
rate of pregnant women dying in pregnancy/childbirth is about 1/2500 in the
US (mostly private health care) and 1/3300 in UK (mostly national health
care) and 1/3700 in Canada (mostly national health care).  The winner was
Sweden at about 1/29,000 (ie one death) and I believe they have a
nationalized system as well.  So from what little I know, a nationalized
system isn't at all mediocre - or it need not be.

As for being screwed by a government, I thought that was the one thing that
all of them had in common - and are good at.

Sharlie Huffman, P.Eng.

Ministry of Transportation
Bridge Seismic Engineer
4B - 940 Blanshard