Re: seismic cracking of SOG

My first guess would be that the cracks were linear because they were occuring over reinforcing steel.  But if you are getting 1/2 in. offsets at the cracks,  there is likely no reinforcing perpendicular to the cracks,  and probably none in the other direction either.  And if that isn't a plug for slab on ground reinforcement, I don't know what is.  Fibers aren't going to do anything to prevent faulting.

What is the spacing of the cracks?

Is it possible the cracks were already there (covered with tile) but weren't visible until they opened wide enough to cause faulting?

Is there conduit or something in the slab that could cause cracking?  Is the cracking actually following some weakened plane caused by columns or drains or some other embed?

Gail Kelley