RE: Fee for Custom Residence

Sharlie,

Are you saying that in Canada an Engineer says, "I'm guilty!" and gets out
his/her checkbook without even being given the chance of having a trial or
being judged?  I think not, but, if you want to state that you are
automatically at fault and *liable* for anything that may go wrong on a
project, then that's up to you.

Automobile insurance companies' first instruction if you get in an accident
is, "Do not admit fault."  Why should it be different if you are an engineer?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Sharlie Huffman wrote:

. > Hmmm.  Seems in Canada that as soon as the engineer puts a seal on the
. > design, they are automatically liable for the competency of said design.
. > The mechanical and electrical engineers likewise.