From: Gil Brock [mailto:gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com]
Sent: 29-Dec-03 20:47
To: Kevin Below
Subject: Re: Minimum reinforcement for structural integrity at
slab-column connections

Kevin,

Did you get any answers to this question. I did not notice any but am
pretty quick on the delete button these days with all of the US
propaganda
rubbish on the list.

If not, I will make a response with my opinion.

At 05:36 PM 23/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>In the Canadian concrete code, this requirement may be met by one of a
>couple of methods.  One of them implies additional reinforcement,
>passing over a column or column capital, such that an overlap of 2 ld
>is provided with the bottom reinforcement in adjacent spans.
>
>Should the bottom reinforcement in adjacent spans be grouped so as to
>touch or be close to the additional reinforcement ?    For example, if
>the additional reinforcement is 4 15M bars on each face of the column,
>should 4 of the 15M bars of the reonforcement of the adjacent spans be
>aligned to pass over the column ?
>
>I have never seen that on drawings.  Everybody in this region at least
>(Quebec City) simply adds the extra bars over the column, extending 2
>ld each side.  They leave the adjacent bars at whatever spacing and
>position they happen to be at.  Which means that there may be only 2
>bars overlapped with the 4 additional bars.  It seems to me that that
>would net satisfy the intention to provide post-punching failure
>resistance.
>

>Kevin Below, ing., Ph.D.
>GÉNÉCOR CIVIL INC.
>660, avenue Royale
>Beauport, (Québec) G1E 1Y7
>Tél. : (418) 666-0009 poste 272
>Fax : (418) 666-0572
>
>---

>*
>*
>*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
>*
>*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

Regards  Gil Brock
Prestressed Concrete Design Consultants Pty. Ltd. (ABN 84 003 163 586) 5
Cameron Street Beenleigh Qld 4207 Australia
Ph +61 7 3807 8022              Fax +61 7 3807 8422
email:          gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:          sales(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:          support(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
webpage:        http://www.raptsoftware.com

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---