Re: Old ASTMS

Try you local public library. They are often able to do no-cost inter-library loans from other public and corporate (private) libraries. The only limitation, you'll probably have to read it at the library, or feed the library's copy machine.

Also, one source I've used for old ASTMs is the Science, Business & Industry Library (part of the New York Public Library) at 34 Street and 5th Ave in New york City. I've been able to get ASTM documents there from as far back as the 1910s.

I'm sure the librarys in other cities have similar services.