Re: Earthquake ground movement question

>You can look at records which have been archived at the PEER website as part
> of their Strong Motion Database (SMDB).
Thanks a bunch, Charley. I got a question a couple of days ago relating
the possible impact damage by a freely swinging piece of suspended
machinery. The site provided me with exactly the info I needed to explain
the problem with minimum armwaving.

And Roger's 18 inch back bar sliding is a great illustration for these
guys--they think I'm just trying to make their lives difficult with a
restraint at the free end of this thing.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw