Re: Louisiana Engineers

Brian:

I suggest that you contact Marc Barter.  He is the chair of NCSEA Member
Organization Development committee (at least according to NCSEA's
website).  While NCSEA does not have chapters and does not really have any
official "capacity" in creating state/member organizations (this one's for
you Dennis <grin>, they do actively work with people in areas that don't
have a state level organization to represent them.  That is the purpuse of
the Member Organization Development committee...help folks like you get
together to form a state level (or even more "local") organization that
would then become a member organization of NCSEA.

Marc's email address is mbarter(--nospam--at)barterse.com and his phone number is (251)
473-8354 (his full contact information in on the NCSEA
site...www.ncsea.com).  He is in Alabama, so he is fairly close by too.

Plus, if you want to talk to someone who was involved in such a process in
the recent past, then talk to Dave Ruby (druby(--nospam--at)rubyusa.com).  He was one
of the main folks involved in forming SEAMi (Michigan's SEA), which is now
about 6 years old.  He is a past member of the SEAMi board and is now a
member of the NCSEA board.  He is also active in CASE (was president for
awhile if memory serves me correctly).

Good luck.

HTH,

Scott