? Grade Beam Analysis ?

I am designing a reinforced concrete grade beam to resist moments from the
columns in a steel moment frame building.  I have designed the reinforcing
for the max moments on the end, but my question is, how to model the
transfer of load into the ground.  Should I try to model it as a uniform
load, or a tapering load, or what?

TIA,
Elias Hahn, EIT
ehahn(--nospam--at)eepdx.com