Re: wood ledgers on Arxx walls

Am I missing something? I think I read UBC Section 2306 carefully and could not find any reference to wood on concrete closer than 18" needing to be treated. Section 2306.8 mentions "...wood used in construction of permanent structures and located nearer than 6 inches to earth shall be treated wood..." also this sections states "where located on concrete slabs placed on earth, wood shall be treated...".  The only place I found a reference to an 18" requirement was Section 2306.3 refering to "wood joists or the bottom of wood structural floors...".
Stephen Macie