Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: wood ledgers on Arxx walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: wood ledgers on Arxx walls
- From: ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 20:32:40 EST
Am I missing something? I think I read UBC Section 2306 carefully and could not find any reference to wood on concrete closer than 18" needing to be treated. Section 2306.8 mentions "...wood used in construction of permanent structures and located nearer than 6 inches to earth shall be treated wood..." also this sections states "where located on concrete slabs placed on earth, wood shall be treated...". The only place I found a reference to an 18" requirement was Section 2306.3 refering to "wood joists or the bottom of wood structural floors...".
- Prev by Subject: wood ledgers on Arxx walls
- Next by Subject: Wood ledgers separation from concrete - thanks!
- Previous by thread: wood ledgers on Arxx walls
- Next by thread: RE: Slab punching shear