NDS Equation 3.3-6 (CL)

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I thought I was on track regarding the inclusion of CD.

Just a word of caution: If you are using software to design your wood beams, you should probably check to ensure that these coefficients are used correctly. If your software program does not include CD when designing beams with Lu > 0, then your design might be overly conservative.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)

V/F (949) 248-8588

San Juan Capistrano, CA

http://www.AllenDesigns.com