NDS Equation 3.3-6 (CL)

Bill,

Lateral stability is a function of EI and not stress, therefore, IMO, DOL
should not be used.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Allen wrote:

. > Thanks everyone for your responses.

. > I thought I was on track regarding the inclusion of CD.

. > Just a word of caution: If you are using software to design your wood
. > beams, you should probably check to ensure that these coefficients are
. > used correctly. If your software program does not include CD when
. > designing beams with Lu > 0, then your design might be overly
. > conservative.

. > T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)