Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Licensure

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

For small or one time work in a foreign country the effort and time to get licensed usually doesn’t suit the project.

We try to find a local consultant to review our work and advise on local building practice, codes and bylaws.

If it is a business decision to enter that market area for the long term, then we consider licensing.


Hans E. Boge, P. Eng.
Boge Boge (1980) Ltd.
268 Ellen St., Wpg. MB
R3A 1A7, Canada
ph: (204) 942-7276 ext 223
fx: (204) 942-7288

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard M. Beldyk, PE, CPEng [mailto:rich(--nospam--at)]
Friday, April 02, 2004 7:56 AM
Subject: RE: Licensure


As far as Australia goes if you are a member of ASCE it simplifies becoming a Charter Professional Engineer. See




Richard M. Beldyk, P.E. CPEng, CPE, CWEng



-----Original Message-----
From: Jason W. Kilgore [mailto:jkilgore(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 8:32 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Licensure


Does anyone know what the requirements would be for a US licensed PE and SE to practice in China or Australia?


I know someone who knows someone who is planning on constructing several retaining walls in both countries, and I was approached about doing the engineering.


Thanks for your help,



Jason W. Kilgore, PE, SE

Kansas City, Missouri