FW: Licensing requirement in China

The following is the response I got from a friend of mine working in China.
(Malasian with P.E., worked here in U.S.A. for 12 years).

Ravi Vasu

this is a very complicated subject

it all depends on the location and the authority approval district

my last project with basf at Caojing, the requirement is as follows:

(1) all drawings issued IFC need to go through a third party reviewer
(design institue) and get their approval b4 construction can begin

(2) the drawings only need company license stamping ( not engr seal)

my current project at Guandong, the requirement is as follows:

(1) all drawings issued IFC need to be stamped by company employee's P.E
stamp plus company license stamp

(2) the drawings do not need to go through third party design institute

Foreign P.E and S.E are not recognised by China.

J.Tan

>What is the licensing requirement in China?  Does the P.E. & S.E. help
>there(in stamping the drawings?
>A person is asking this since his co. has some proposals
>working out for project in China?  Is there any limitation for stamping(in
terms of value
>of the project?)

>Ravi Vasu

=

information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing,
it from your computer.

=

it from your computer.