Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Structural Master's Degree online??[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Structural Master's Degree online??
- From: Robert Shmerling <robshmerling(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:25:20 -0700 (PDT)
I am earning my Master's right now at the University of Central Florida. There is a program called FEEDS and you can accomplish most or all of the degree online with some careful planning. www.feeds.ucf.edu Many students live near campus and take some classes online and some in person, most live within driving distance, but I have taken classes with one or two people from out-of-state. Most of the lectures are broadcast over the internet. Working out the thesis from a distance away would probably be the toughest part, though there is a non-thesis option. I can't fully recommend this to anyone out-of-state, but it's worth looking into... -Robert From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc> To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org> Subject: Re: Structural Master's Degree online?? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Triest" <tatriest(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com> To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org> Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 8:07 AM Subject: Structural Master's Degree online?? > Does anyone know of an accredited on-line Structural Engineering Master's > Program? I have done numerous searches but have found none. You're going to find some few programs that will include "distance education" (Auburn University has such a program IIRC), but in the end they are going to require some time on campus, doing research (a.k.a. slaving for some tenured professor in the time-honored tradition), attending classes, etc. I don't believe an graduate degree in structural engineering is a practical candidate for online learning, like an Exec MBA would be, for example.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Structural Master's Degree online??
- Next by Subject: structural observation - history?
- Previous by thread: Re: Structural Master's Degree online??
- Next by thread: Re: CBC/UBC Section 1618.104.22.168 - R for flexible diaphragms supporting concrete or masonry