Re: REUTERS: Barge Rams Bridge, Deliberately

Bill,
Interesting article.  Thanks for posting it.  One of my favorite lab courses at Cal Poly SLO was Materials Testing where we would build connections out of wood, concrete, and steel, then smash them in a giant compressometer.  Watching failures happen is the best way to learn how things work; just not on any of my projects, of course.

Denise Poeltler, PE
The Flying Buttress
Palm Desert, CA